I would like to update my situation as a Burmese activist who departed from Singapore.
1) I had applied UNHCR refugee on the 24th Nov 2008 once I know that non-renewable of my work pass.
2) I had interviewed by a protection officer on the Dec 5th Jan in Singapore. I left from Singapore 27th Jan 2009 after expired date of my work-permit.
3) I had reported to UNHCR Jakarta office on the 28th Jan 09 and I had received "Asylum Seeker Certificate" on the 30th Jan 2009. [According to official from UNHCR-Jakarta presently, Asylum seeker from Singapore is regionally covered by Malaysia and Thailand] so that my profile has to transferred to Jakarta accordingly.
4) On the 9th of Feb I've received phone call from UNHCR for notification of my asylum decision and given appoint date on 16th Feb 2009.
5) 16th Feb 2009 I met up with Protection officer and I had received recognition of "UNHCR REFUGEE CERTIFICATE".
That is my update for all of you, presently; I'm living here with under UNHCR protection and code of conduct.
I'm strongly committed to freedom and democracy of Burma and Singapore.
I'm greatly appreciates all Burmese and Singaporean pro-democracy activists whose sacrificing their lives for freedom and democracy.
We shall overcome someday!